Beit Al-Khalifa, the Khalifa House Museum, was built in 1887 in Omdurman city, which is rich with the historical sites that date back to the Mahadist State. The House was a home to Abdu-allah Al-Ta’eshy, the successor of Imam Muhamed Ahmed Al-Mahdi who led a revolution against the condominium rule in Sudan in 1881. The House was transferred to a museum in 1928. It contains many antiquities belonging to the pre-Mahadist and Mahadist eras
The low mud-brick building doesn’t look much from the outside, but it is surprisingly large inside and contains several interesting exhibits such as the first car in Sudan, the first printing press in Sudan, and the life history of the Mahdi.